Gender Fairness Cards
Create conversations about equity
24 full-colour cards, 24 essential topics, 72 intriguing questions for building dynamic conversations
Gender equity matters to us all.
‘A brilliant resource—long-awaited and much-needed.’ – Joan Kirner, former Premier of Victoria
The Gender Fairness cards are a professional and highly engaging learning tool.
The cards are designed to…
- Generate conversation and reflection about gender roles and fairness
- Explore gender fairness in a safe, curious and respectful way
- Create shared learning for groups, teams, organisations, business and communities
- Deepen understanding about how gender unfairness limits opportunities and creates power imbalances
- Shift cultures of gender unfairness by clearly naming and respectfully challenging the issues
- Develop an inspiring vision for gender equity that benefits everyone
The cards are multi setting tools suited to meetings, planning sessions, professional development, training and education, community events, counselling, mentoring, supervision, and families.
Each card features…
- An important topic such as ‘Social Messages, ‘Sexualisation’ or ‘Role Models’
- A key principle of fairness
- A cartoon in the rich tradition of social commentary
- Three important questions to get conversations rolling
For further information on the development of the cards, suggestions of use, support services and more, a free downloadable booklet can be accessed below.
To purchase the cards Click here to purchase from our shop or contact reception on (03) 5443 0233
– $49.50 (incl. GST)
Written and published by Innovative Resources and Women’s Health Loddon Mallee, 2014
Authors: Women’s Health Loddon Mallee and St Luke’s Innovative Resources
Cartoonist: Mat Jones
Designer: Billington Prideaux Partnership
ISBN: 978 1 920945 77 0
24 full-colour, laminated cards 210mm x 100mm
Polypropylene box, with directions to online booklet
Cards and package printed on 100% recyclable materials